Children’s Camp 2019
THE THEME THIS YEAR IS AIR
DISCOVER WHO AND WHAT DEPENDS ON PLANTS!
For information about the 2019 Children’s Camp, contact us at email@example.com or call Karen at 608-987-3835 or Gretchen and Dave at 414-507-4042.
Camp Kids at Hyde Mill, 2015
The theme was "Water, Water Everywhere"
Camp Crazy 2013 – Click on the picture to see just how much fun we have at campFind out what happens at camp by reading about some of the many activities:
- Swimming every day at Governor Dodge State Park’s Cox Hollow and Twin Valley lakes – good swimmers getting better and non-swimmers learning to swim.
- Hiking every day at Friendship Center and in the Park along the bike path to Cox Hollow Lake, around Cox Hollow Lake, down into Lost Canyon and upstream to Stephen Falls and around Twin Valley Lake to the dark cave.
- Every morning learning and sharing ideas about cooperation, kindness, fairness and peace.
- Learning about our beautiful dark sky with members of the Iowa County Astronomy Club, identifying constellations, viewing stars, the moon and a maybe a comet through telescopes.
- Learning about archery and shooting an occasional bull’s eye.
- Cooking international dishes, soup, snacks and desserts.
- Sharing the daily chores along with the staff – cleaning the bunkhouses and lodge each day, setting and clearing tables and washing dishes.
- Visiting our rock shelter and learning the ancient and natural history of the land.
- Enjoying an evening at a farm going for horseback walks and a tractor hayride ending with a campfire, songs and lots of fun.
- Canoeing across Twin Valley Lake.
- Challenging our teamwork skills by competing in active beach games.
- Playing loud and boisterous Spoons and other games with the Junior Counselors.
- Falling asleep in the dark and quiet bunkhouses, listening to the crickets, Bard Owls and Whip-poor-wills.
If you would like a copy of one of our camp newsletters written by campers and staff call Gretchen and Dave 414-507-4042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org